Songkran Festival 2019
The Songkran Festival is a national holiday in Thailand. It marks the beginning of the Thai New Year. The word Songkran is derived from the Sanskrit work samkranti, which means astrological passage. It is a traditional Buddhist festival, and it is usually celebrated between 13 and 15 April.
Big Smile Hostel recommend you the place to join Songkran Festival as following;
- Songkran at Silom Road, Bangkok 13-15 April 2019 at 10.00-00.00 hrs.
2. Songkran around the City Mat, Chiang Mai, 13-15 April 2019, 09.00-22.00 hrs.
3. Songkran at Patong Beach, Phuket, 12-13 April 2019, 10.00-22.00 hrs.
4. Songkran at Ko Samui, Surat Thani, 13 April 2019, 08.00-20.00 hrs.
5. Songkran at Pattaya, Chon Buri, 11-20 April 2019, 09.00-00.00 hrs.
Note: No Songkran on Khaosan Road this year
Merit-making ceremonies, parades and splash water will be suspended this year to allow the government and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to improve and decorate the areas for the coronation of the King, association president Piyabutr Jiwaramonaikul said in the statement.
Looking for the accommodation, please contact us;
BIG SMILE HOSTEL
Call : +666-4284-3457, +66-2565-3513
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/VxrPqwkpFsw