In times of coronavirus and social distancing, many of us are staying at home. Here are some free things you can do from home to empower yourself to develop skills that promote equality and respect in your community and worldwide. Why not use your time wisely?
Home Made Cooking
It’s very good Idea to cook and have a good meal with your family. It’s healthy and tastety in the same time.
Learning from Youtube
We have tried to digest some serious human rights issues into easily viewable videos. Teach yourself how to spot fake news or protest peacefully.
Use your time wisely – there are loads of educational materials on human rights that you can study.
Share Positive and helpful things
Anythings that you can do, share to others. Such as cooking, making mask, technology teaching, how to, …, etc.
Support people that want some helps in any ways that you can.
Help others with Technology
If you are good at using technology and social media, you can help those who may not be. Guide people through using messaging apps and social media. Call them to show them remotely how to look for help, find reliable sources and advice online. Help them find communities and people online they can talk to.
Infographic on Thailand’s measure to prevent Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The information is including airports and planes’ hygiene procedures and lists of designated hospitals for COVID-19 in Thailand.
Currently, there has been much confusion and misperception regarding the novel Coronavirus outbreak. Some unfounded and unsubstantiated information propagated by various individuals has created many unfortunate incidents involving foreign nationals. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to offer the following points with a view to establishing better understanding about the overall situation:
1. The Royal Thai Government has adhered to and has abided by the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. WHO has never issued a travel ban on any country or region because it has deemed that such action would not be helpful and would not have prevented the spread of the virus.
2. Thailand has been named as one of the top ten countries with the best health security. Therefore, the country is well equipped to handle this latest Coronavirus infection as we have successfully done during the outbreaks of SARS and MERS.
3. The Thai Government has been active in the international networks of infectious diseases in which countries share their experience and best practices on this human health issue. Thailand is in the forefront of, and plays an integral part in, the international efforts advocated to establish the most effective preventive and treatment measures to the problems.
4. Thailand has an excellent track record regarding our effectiveness and efficiency in the previous rounds of infectious disease outbreaks. This has not changed with the Coronavirus.
5. Thailand is fully prepared to stand together with our neighbours and the international community to fight the spread of the Coronavirus, not only by providing moral support, but also sharing our best practices on this matter so that every nation is better equipped for future outbreaks.
6. The Government would like to urge the Thai people to remain mindful and vigilant in the face of the outbreak, and always keep an open mind. No one people, nor one country, can stand alone. We all share the same fate, and we all are in it together. To successfully curb the spread of the 2019 novel Coronavirus, every country needs to actively cooperate and work side-by-side. The Thai people and Government stand by the affected countries in ASEAN, ASEAN+3, and the international community. We also wish those infected a speedy recovery. We thank all foreigners who continue to visit Thailand which shows their confidence in our measures in tackling the 2019 Coronavirus.